Special Education on Wheels
Tomorrow’s Foundation initiated the “Charaibeti” Programme in 2010 as an outreach to cater to Children with Disabilities (CWDs) in the North, South and East zones of Kolkata.
The Charaibeti programme is implemented through the special needs children’s learning centre at Paikpara in North Kolkata and helps provides access to curative care and improving the overall awareness about disability issues within the operational communities.
The intervention provides special education and physiotherapy among the children who need these services and do not have the financial resources to pay for these services.. The activities are pedagogical, educational, recreational, behavioural and allow each child to express themselves and grow.
Charaibeti also offers regular community outreach with parents to counsel them on various aspects of disability and their own responsibility to not marginalise the child.
Some Recent Activities
- Charaibeti student Anindita Dutta won the National Award from Vice President of India for dance on International Disabled Day.
- Celebration of Christmas with students, parents and TF staff members at Hossenpur and blankets were distributed among 35 students.
- Disability Day Celebration at Barisha Girls High School.
- Awareness programme in bus at Belgachia with beneficiaries and street children about hygiene. Solidar'India team distributed toothbrushes and biscuit packets.
- Facilitation of awareness programme at Rajabazar K.M.C.P school with mothers of students on prenatal care.